Woman's Purse Erupts In Flames At City Council Meeting

August 11, 2017

© Andi Berger | Dreamstime

With all the dangers in the world today, you wouldn't think a woman's purse would not be one of them.  City council members of Boulder City, Nevada may have to change its policy regarding handbags.  The council's meeting was interrupted Tuesday night when an audience member's purse exploded and caught fire.  As others jumped out of the way as sparks and smoke starting to come out of the bag, the flames began to spread on the owner of the purses' clothes.  Fortunately no one was seriously hurt.  An investigation found the exploding item in the purse was a battery used in an electronic cigarette or vape pen.


See and hear more from the 98.5 KTK Morning Show

98.5 KTK Morning Show Podcast